Thursday, July 14, 2011

Harry Potter.


Harry potter, one of the most important milestones in my life which shaped my thinking and attitude towards life and cheered me up when I was in the darkest times.
It all happened when I was 9. I had two sleepless nights and I got fed up so the next day I went to this restaurant with my mom and dad for an outing and while I was returning back, there was this book called 'Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban' which caught my sight. The book was rather big for my age and I decided to buy it that maybe I could read the book whenever I am turning insomniac(Yea I am kind of an insomniac).

So that night I held the book in my hand and started reading my first novel(Rather not) and the vocabulary started discombobulating my brain and I was completely bored with the book as I didn't know any of the characters. I threw the book into a corner.
6-7 months later.
It was my birthday and my brother's friend came to wish me and the 'harry potter' book caught his eye.
He asked me, ''Who reads that harry potter book?''
I answered annoyingly,''You know that was such a waste of money, the novel totally sucks.''
He burst into laughter and said ''In order to understand that book, you've to read the first two books'' and he told me and my brother all about the wizarding world.

My brother was so impressed by Row
ling's imagination that he bought the book in a few days and there was this fight going on between us for getting hold of the book.
I finished reading my first novel, ''Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone'' and my neighbor gave me the second book,''Chamber of Secrets'', for I was totally awed by it. Gradually, in a year of two I finished half blood prince and awaited Deathly Hallows. My parents were proud of my reading habit in the beginning but later started getting annoyed by it.

The last book, Deathly hallows riddled my mind(screw tom riddle) and played with my emotions. I was so attached to the characters that I read the book again and again. Harry Potter series is the best possession ever in my life. I never regret reading a single word in it. So, the ''Harry Potter and the deathly hallows Part 2'' has released and I am going to watch it this sunday. This book, I believe will remain etched in every reader's mind who not only wishes to enter the wizarding world but is a part of the wizarding world.
--Rahul Kulkarni

7 comments:

  1. Lol, yeh i can understand what you felt when you read the third book directly without reading the first two parts. Utter confusion.

    Anyways these are the books which you can cherish forever :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't really imagine you as a normal kid.. Seriously! :P ( don't cry after reading this. :| )
    And, hf. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice :)
    Loved it.
    Always support a potterhead rather than descriminating it like you did recently.
    Anyways see Dh2 and ur friend comment sayin yates was bad which u supported with"LMAO haaha" will make you laugh on yourself:)
    tc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Potterhead! :D

    Motivate others or else force others to read HP
    Only way to show our gratitude to JKR :)

    Take care >:D<

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its lovely bro :D i started from the middle of the series too :P utter confusion :| :P bt then i never stopped :P never will, and neither will you, I'll make sure of that

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome. I also bought the third part first, I mean I was going to. But then mom saw the size of the thing and told me to get the relatively shorter Philosopher's Stone first. I was in 7th then, I guess. About time the 7th book got out. I read all parts twice in 3 months and got the 7th part first day :D Read it more than half until mom forced me to tuck in :|

    HP cannot be compared to anything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely read =)

    'and there was this fight going on between us for getting hold of the book.' - I love this part =D

    I've been thinking on writing my HP world since 15th July... Ah! Time is an enemy I tell you for all this =p

    ~ Asra

    ReplyDelete