Sunday, January 16, 2011

The bond of a Hindu and Muslim .



This post is related to History.

A bond, an inseparable bond of two friends which the whole world won’t forget.

Akbar and Birbal .

Akbar was in his late forties , maybe fifties when Birbal became a minister in his court .

Let me tell you a small story how Akbar met Birbal .

One day , Akbar was hunting animals as usual . He left his courtiers behind and got lost . He saw a small child and asked him ‘’ Which road goes to Agra ? ‘’

The child replied ‘’ Roads cannot move to Agra , huzoor ! It is you who has to walk through the roads to reach Agra ! ‘’

Akbar asked ‘’ What is your name ? ‘’

‘’ Mahesh Das ‘’ replied the child .

‘’ Don’t you know me ? I am Emperor Akbar. You’re one intelligent kid . Here , take this gold coin and meet me when you’re grown up .‘’ said Akbar handing the coin to Mahesh Das .

Akbar returns to Agra safely.

________________________________________________________________________

Few years later..

A man enters the palace gates and tries to get Into the Akbar’s palace .

A guard stops him .

‘’ Who are you? How dare you get into the palace without the Jahanpanah’s permission ! ’’ said the guard .

‘’ I am Mahesh Das , Jahanpanah gave me this gold coin when I was a kid . He told me to visit him when I am grown up. ‘’ said Mahesh Das showing the gold coin .

‘’ Ok ! In you go. But remember , whatever reward Jahanpanah gives you , I need the half of it . ‘’ said the guard .

‘’ But ..’’

‘’ No ! You have to give me the half of it or you will face consequences . ‘’ interrupted the guard .

‘’ Hmm . Fine. ‘’ said Mahesh Das .

Mahesh Das reminds Akbar of the incident and Akbar says happily ‘’ Oh! You’re the kid. I got to give you some reward. Ask me anything and your wish will be fulfilled! ‘’

‘’ I want 100 whips on my back ‘’ smiled Mahesh.

‘’ What? Are you serious!? ‘’ asked Akbar confused.

‘’ I want my wish to be fulfilled at any cost . ‘’ said Mahesh .

The courtiers start whipping Mahesh's back.

Mahesh shouts at the 50th whip. ‘’ Stop! ‘’ said he .

‘’ I knew you would give up. Painful isn’t it? ‘’ said Akbar .

‘’ No Jahanpanah . I promised a guard that I would give half of my reward to him. ‘’ said Mahesh .

Akbar was impressed by Mahesh’s wit. ‘’ Ok . Give the next 50 whips to the guard who asked the lad for the share. ‘’ Akbar ordered .

Akbar made Mahesh Das as the minister of the court. Since then , Akbar and Mahesh became good friends .

Akbar named Mahesh as Birbal , The powerful . Did you know that Birbal was from a Brahmin family ?

History says when Birbal died in Afghanistan , Akbar literally cried like a baby on Birbal’s body . Such was their friendship . The bond of a hindu and muslim .

2 comments:

  1. Gr8 story bro :D
    Birbal was a man of wit ;)
    and friendship has nothing to do with religions :|
    n I dun give a &*^* about them :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew it already.. :P

    it looks like you wanna write stories for children.. :P

    Remember, 60 year old bored retiree.. :P

    Love,
    ~Prachi

    ReplyDelete