Saturday, January 22, 2011

NCC 1st year...


‘’Tomorrow is NCC cadets selection day, those who want to join NCC please don’t miss school. ‘’ said TRS sir, an NCC officer who teaches Sanskrit subject in our school.

I was dressed up neat the next day hoping I would get selected and TRS asked us to fall in (NCC style) and we were so nervous shaking in our boots that Officers were arriving to select students fit for NCC.

‘’ Erm .. Guys, those officers aren’t arriving today, postponed it to tomorrow. Sorry. ‘’ he said.

The next day he said the same thing. This happened for almost two weeks and it became a trend and the benefit was we could miss a period. Well, benefit for us.

One day, the officers really came. Kids, who came to fall in just to miss a class, ran away after seeing well dressed, scary, tall looking officers.

The selection went on for 5 periods. We were so drenched out. The officers didn’t show mercy and one of them was very funny. ‘’ You got to lose your weight! Lose your weight soon or you won’t get any girlfriend.’’ He said to a boy laughing. He was totally different from the teachers we see..

He sent a few students to class and ordered us to stay. We signed a few papers having no idea whether we’re selected or not. Then came the news from our senior that we are supposed to be present tomorrow to claim the uniform. I was so overwhelmed with joy and of course, I got the uniform after 2 weeks…………………………………………………

‘’ Are you guys tired? ‘’ said our sergeant smiling at us wickedly. Boy, he was surely lucky. He had total control over us.

‘’ No! ‘’ we lied!

‘’ Ohh! Very good. So if you’re not tired, run a few more rounds. Ehh ? ‘’

‘’ No ! No ! That’s enough for today ‘’ Our troop started complaining.

Frankly, I enjoyed NCC parades, the punishments and never missed any of them till I got this bloody tonsillitis trouble thing. I missed 5 parades which were considered the best parades.

NCC changed me in many ways. I became neater and disciplined. I became bold and responsible. What NCC tries to teach us is the importance of time. I have observed that . They stress on it a lot ( by giving us punishments ) .

Republic day’s nearing .. I hope I get a good rank. If I don’t , I won’t be sad if I don't . NCC has helped me a lot .. But wish me luck..

3 comments:

  1. Cool man :D
    Nice to see you are really interested in "NCC" :)
    n dun worry abt the parades u missed n concentrate on the parades in the future ;)
    n All the best u'll get a good rank :-bd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck :D rip the parades :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice dude :).
    congo :D..
    NCC rocks :D :) I couldnt take it :P

    ReplyDelete