Saturday, April 23, 2011

Education

Little does the teacher know,
The textbook problems
That I solve
They are really are my problems...


A change in the education system. Yes, that's what I am talking about. Our education system looks more of a theory-based. I believe they should stress more on practicals etc.,

A missing jigsaw puzzle piece in our education.

Considering Schooling: It's one of my personal experiences. They teach us something about and don't talk about the importance of it, like how it might be useful in the future? Why it should be taken seriously and studied? It is when these questions are answered: the students start taking studies seriously.

Instead they ask us to memorize the notes and vomit in exams. That is not how it works!

Take chemistry for example: All those chemicals and acids or whatsoever they talk about, we just have a theoretical view of it. Me, being in 9th std. I've never seen anything through microscope.Never! Nor they have taken us to labs or conducted any experiment in front us.

In Physics: Who would be concerned what is 'Displacement' etc. when we are not aware why it should be studied!

In Biology: Well, to me- Biology is like studying some fantasy written by someone whereas we students, having no clue what the thing is about.

Same thing for maths even though we know maths is important and will be of use in future.
For ex: In our school, the teachers didn't stress the importance of linear equation graph to be studied. I didn't really think about it as important and my dad says to me: ''Linear Equation Graph is really really important and you should be thorough in it,etc. coz' it would be a big help in engineering field.
That is when I started studying it carefully!

So, you know what I am trying to say.

Well, times change and this kind of system which I am talking about will come.


It already has in some of the schools

Let time play it's role!

- Rahul Kulkarni

2 comments:

  1. True...
    I loved the-"Instead they ask us to memorize the notes and vomit in exams." part.

    Until n unless we know its use we don't really care about it.
    Ask ur bio teacher to show you real things na.
    Well in my school we had bio lab. But chemistry no.! We were never allowed to mix up chemicals.!

    I just dont get one thing. Teachers were students once. And at that time did they never feel like we feel now? I mean did they never want to know the importance?? And try out all the things... I dont think they did cause if they had they would have allowed us at least to do it.
    Teachers should understand students first.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Being a Scienc student myself, I couldn't have agreed more!

    Hey, I mentioned you here in one of my blogposts.
    Check it out.

    http://bit.ly/eHzzHC

    ReplyDelete