Saturday, March 26, 2011

Power cuts..Oh boy..I love them!


Me: Bye yaar..Power cut.. :(

Nikhil issar the shadeslayer: yay! :D :P




As I switched off the computer in vain, trying to walk in pitch darkness wondering how blind men live forever staring right at darkness.

''Mom! I have a feeling I've gone blind.Bring a candle here.'' I shouted out.

''Here, beta. '' she said holding a candle. ''Hold the candle for a minute. There's something on the floor.''

As she handed over the candle, wax begun its melting work and fell on my hand. ''Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!'' I screamed in pain and the candle fell from my hand.

''Great.'' said Mom as the candle light went off. ''Let there be darkness.'' she said.

Man, I hate this feeling of obscurity..

Few minutes later.. Me, Dad and Mom were sitting outside our home as the only light source was the moon. It was a beautiful night. Neighbors and residents came out of their houses and everyone gathered and begun a conversation. Just like us, they were waiting eagerly for the power to get back so that dad can get back to work, mom: back to the kitchen generating that noise from the annoying mixer and me: back to surfing internet.

THIS IS THE THING I LOVE ABOUT POWER CUTS. Technology has surrounded us and they do separate the family involving each one of them to do their works.

You've observed that even when you're at home, you don't get to talk with your parents or siblings properly because of technology.
So you'd call this 'Quality family time?' No, I don't think so.

There's a quite partial bond in the Indian families because of the core reason that India is famous for power cuts. That's the best thing about India! Be, Proud, my friends! Enjoy power cuts as they separate you from Mr.Idiot box and his family! Power cuts can be so unexpecte-..
Damn..Power cut, I've to go now.. ;)
-Rahul Kulkarni(everything about India rocks)

11 comments:

  1. good one rahul you write really sensible things ;)
    i loved ur conclusion

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! Technology has separated us from our families.. In spite of staying together, we rarely spend quality time with them.. Anyways,superb blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm.. yeah, it's nice to take our heads out of all the gadgets and to get back in touch with our humanity..

    Nice one.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work bro :D
    Loved the way you brought up the issue :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ayee launda cha raha hai :O aajkal acha ho gaya hai :P and nice post :P the starting was awesome :) :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. woah i like this one :P
    keep up like this n ur gonna rock :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. power cuts ke dauran hi log apna real chehra saamne laate hain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well said, positive side of power cut. ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the thought. You're a good narrator.

    Work a little on your grammar and flow-you'll rock! : )

    ReplyDelete